Friday, October 14, 2011



Greetings fellow aficionados,

Again I must begin with a heartfelt apology. I shall no longer make promises I cannot keep. I will reach out to you, dear reader, when time allows. However, blogging has taken a back burner to the "disturbance" mentioned previously. I am not sure why I thought things around the home would not change. Silly me, silly Button, you fool among the foolish for thinking such thoughts. On that note: Hitherto the aforementioned "disturbance" shall be referred to solely as the "loin fruit" as in, "He is the fruit of my loins."

Don't judge me.

Where to begin...before the loin fruit I was ruler of the roost. I came and went as I pleased. I lay where I chose. I frolicked, as much as a 22ish pound cat can, about with an ease envied by most. Essentially, my life was my own. Now, oh gentle readers, how things have changed.

For example, the rents, my "keepers", keep doors previously opened for my perusal closed. I've been relegated to the depths of their bedroom. The humanity of it all!! I can no longer come and go as I please. I am trying to cope with the changes the only way I know how. I seize control from the meekest of us all...Buddy, my boo. Hence, the picture accompanying this post.

I know, I know, I am mean. I am terrible, horrible, an abomination to treat the lowliest of us with such cruelty but he never refuses me and he could. He is a 70 pound dog for goodness sake. If he really wanted to sleep on his own bed he could have kicked me off.

I sense your disdain. I can literally feel your disgust leaping onto the screen and I cannot say I blame you. I am detestable. I am. Please forgive me for my actions. I do not want to feel so out of control. I long to be flexible and capable of rolling with the punches as it were. Perhaps someone is trying to teach me something from the arrival of the loin fruit. It may be that the time has come for me to recognize that my life is truly not my own.

Something to ponder...

Sincerely,
Sir Button

No comments:

Post a Comment